Develop your artisan bread making skills and learn how to create exciting bread for day to day living. Whether you are a beginner looking to build confidence and skills or an old hand with bread we can challenge your skills and help you improve.
The classes take place in our stunning country kitchen with breathtaking views of Swinton Estate Grounds and Yorkshire Dales.
We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Half Day Dishes (may include):
This is an introduction to bread making aimed at those who have never made bread by hand before. It covers the basic techniques necessary to make several simple breads.
- Wholemeal bread
- Olive Oil bread
- Sweet bread
- White bread
Techniques Covered on Course:
- Introduction to the process of making bread
- Mixing and kneading techniques
- Understand the proofing process
- Understanding the effect of different ingredients in bread
- Baking techniques and temperatures
- Artisanal kneading techniques
- Varieties within base bread doughs
- Bulk fermentation of bread
- Different shaping techniques and styles
- Leavening agents and their effects
Half day course – £100 / £110