New for 2022
Discover the flavours of Japan, renowned for being both healthy and delicious our chefs will guide you in making a wide array of sushi and light Japanese dishes.
You will learn about the origins of sushi and sashimi, how to prepare and check ingredients and the techniques required to create a sushi banquet for friends and family.
The classes take place in our stunning country kitchen with breathtaking views of Swinton Estate Grounds and Yorkshire Dales.
We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Recipes (may include):
- Miso Soup
- Gunkon Maki (Warship Roll)
- Temaki (Cone Shaped Sushi)
- Tamagoyaki (Japanese Omlette)
- Maki (Californian Roll)
- Uramaki (Inside out Californian Roll)
Techniques Covered on Course:
- Sourcing Sashimi Grade fish
- Rice preparation and homemade seasoning
- Building of different sushi shapes
- Traditional accompaniments that work alongside the dishes
- Vegetable preparation and knife skills
- Traditional slicing techniques of fish and seafood
Full day course – £180