Swinton Bivouac would like to invite all their guests to enjoy a family friendly experience with us and to this end we ask guests to respect the site, the surrounding countryside and each other whilst staying with us.
1. Your booking at Swinton Bivouac includes use of your nominated accommodation along with use of the public areas, woodland walks and parking areas. Please do not cross the site boundary unless you know you have permission to do so. Some parts of the site have footpaths over the boundary, however others adjoin private land which accommodates vulnerable crops, livestock and protected rare species of wildlife.
2. Guests are advised that Swinton Bivouac is situated in the Nidderdale AONB and an SSI. All restrictions including access onto the moors, lighting of fires and dog control must be carefully observed at all times in relation to the Swinton Bivouac site and also on the surrounding Swinton Estate. Please observe the Countryside Code at all times and in particular consider others enjoying the countryside, close gates behind you and leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home.
3. Swinton Bivouac accepts no responsibility for the failure of services due to weather, nor for any difficulties experienced when accessing or leaving the site. During the winter months snow and ice are not uncommon; please drive carefully and responsibly at these times.
4. There is a public footpath that runs through the Swinton Bivouac site and also the adjoining woodland at Druid’s Temple. All guests are asked to respect this and not to disrupt the enjoyment of any walkers passing by. All events that are organised at Swinton Bivouac need to allow for this right of access.
5. There is a strict curfew on site at Swinton Bivouac that applies from 10.00pm – 7.30am. During that time no music, parties or gatherings can take place anywhere on site (apart from organised events taking place in the café barn).
6. Fireworks and Chinese Lanterns are not permitted anywhere on site at Swinton Bivouac or in the adjoining woodland, farmland or moors on the Swinton Estate.
7. Due to the remote location of Swinton Bivouac, children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the surroundings of Swinton Bivouac, please note that care must be taken as areas may be slippery, particularly when wet.
1. All bookings are confirmed only after the deposit has been paid. Swinton Bivouac reserves the right to cancel your booking if payment conditions are not upheld. Receipt of your booking deposit confirms your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
2. Your accommodation will be ready on the day of arrival by 3pm, departure time is by 10am on your day of departure.
3. For a booking of four or more in our Tree Lodges please telephone Swinton Bivouac staff directly.
4. No group bookings allowed in the Meadow Yurts without prior agreement with Swinton Bivouac.
5. When booking Tree Lodges and Meadow Yurts: A 30% non-refundable deposit is payable to secure the booking. The final balance is payable six weeks prior to arrival at the latest.
6. When booking beds in the Bunk Barn full payment is required at the time of booking.
7. Guests are asked to arrive by 6pm, ideally confirming their arrival time in advance. A late arrival charge of £20 will be added to all guests’ bills for arrivals after 6pm.
1. When cancelling bookings in the Tree Lodges or Meadow Yurts, the deposit of 30% is not returnable. Any cancellation within the last 2-6 weeks prior to the date of stay will incur a charge of 75% of the total cost. Any cancellation within two weeks prior to the date of stay will incur a charge of 100% of total cost.
2. When cancelling bookings in the Bunk Barn, the advance payment is fully refundable if more than two weeks notice of the cancellation is given. No refund will be given if bookings in the Bunk Barn are cancelled within two weeks of the commencement of the stay.
1. The named person(s) booking the accommodation is responsible for the behavior and actions of their guests while at Swinton Bivouac.
2. Guests may be asked to leave the premises if their behavior is threatening, aggressive, anti-social, or damaging in any way to the other residents or to the premises. In this circumstance your full cooperation is expected.
1. Visitors staying in a Tree Lodge are required to park in the top woodland car park. Meadow Yurt guests and Bunk Barn guests are required to park in the main car park at the farm.
2. Day visitors to the site (including those visiting accommodation guests) are required to park at the main car park next to the farm house.
3. There is a strict 5 mph speed limit whilst on site. Please observe this at all times.
4. For the comfort of all guests Swinton Bivouac ask that the site be kept quiet after 10.00pm.
1. The number of people staying in any accommodation must at no time exceed the number stated and agreed in the booking .The accommodation must not be sub-let.
2. The owners of Swinton Bivouac reserve the right to enter the accommodation at any reasonable time, and with reasonable prior notice if any urgent need were to arise (e.g. for health and safety reasons or urgent repair).
3. There is a maximum sleeping occupancy of 4 guests per Yurt (plus one child’s z bed), 7 guests per Tree Lodge and 12 guests in the Bunk Barn. Any additional occupants will be asked to leave the site.
4. Non-resident guests are not permitted in any accommodation after 10.00pm and must leave the site by 12.00am.
1. Your accommodation will be prepared for your arrival. Swinton Bivouac expect everything to be left as you found it.
2. In the case of any accidents on the premises these must be reported immediately to a member of Swinton Bivouac staff at the main reception desk.
3. The named person(s) booking the accommodation will be held responsible for paying for any loss or damage to any part of the Swinton Bivouac premises, or to any fixtures, fittings and equipment which are caused by any member of the party.
4. If an exceptional level of cleaning is required after use of any of these facilities the cost will be charged to the named person.
5. We ask that you do not bring muddy boots into the accommodation. Welly trees are provided outside your accommodation for your use.
6. A deposit swipe of a credit card may be taken as insurance against any damages. This will only be processed if Bivouac needs to claim back costs against damages. This will be completed within 14 days of your stay. Please see below details regarding pre authorization.
7. All bed linen and tea towels are provided. These items must remain inside your accommodation at all times.
8. It is the responsibility of all guests to return any items removed from any accommodation unit to its original place by the time of departure (this includes cutlery, crockery, utensils etc.)
9. Guests must return all furniture within the accommodation to its original position by the time of departure.
10. Please ensure that all waste is taken to the designated area for disposal and please use the recycling facilities. Bin liners will be provided but please ask if more are required.
1. Swinton Bivouac will not be held responsible for damage to any personal property brought onto the premises.
2. Lockers are provided in the Bunk Barn. These require a padlock; guests are welcome to use their own padlock or purchase one from the Bivouac shop. Swinton Bivouac reserve the right to forcibly remove and dispose of any padlocks that are left on lockers after guests have departed.
1. Swinton Bivouac take a firm view on managing fires and smoking and ask that guests are particularly vigilant in this area. The site contains a lot of trees, hand crafted wooden and canvas accommodation and we are alongside open moorland covered in peat and heather. Even the smallest of informal fires can quickly get out of hand.
2. There will be no fires or barbecues other than in the designated areas and with the equipment provided, failure to observe these requirements may result in your party being asked to vacate the site immediately.
3. Only logs supplied by Swinton Bivouac may be used in the stoves and fire pits.
4. Stoves provided in the accommodation are suitable for burning wood fuel only. Coal and other processed fuel types may result in irreparable damage to the stove and accommodation unit.
5. All guests that light fires are responsible for managing them safely and ensuring that they are extinguished after use.
6. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within Swinton Bivouac buildings and is only permitted in the designated fire pit areas and agreed smoking spots.
7. For fire regulations we are required to keep a log of all guests who will be residing at the Swinton Bivouac. The named person(s) must be given to a member of Swinton Bivouac staff on arrival.
8. No fires are permitted at all other than in the wood burners in the Yurts and Tree Lodges.
9. Guests can enjoy the use of a fire pit, but only under the supervision of Swinton Bivouac staff. Children must not be left unattended by a fire pit at any time. In the event of an emergency, please use the fire extinguisher and first aid kit supplied, but also alert a member of staff immediately. The use of fire pits after 10:00pm is only permitted with the permission of the management.
1. Dogs are only permitted in two of our woodland shacks and the main floor of the Swinton Bivouac Café Bistro. We need to know at the time of booking if dog is coming to stay so we can allocate the correct accommodation. No dogs can be left unattended at any time on the site.
2. Dogs must be kept on a lead whilst on site.
3. Please do not allow dogs to foul the site; all dog faeces must be cleaned up and deposited in the bins provided.
4. Dogs must be quiet and not cause disturbance to others. Failure to adhere to these terms and conditions will result in the guest being asked to leave the site.
1. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the public areas and woodlands, please note that care must be taken; walkways and stairs maybe slippery particularly when wet, footpaths and tracks maybe uneven with tree roots and rocks.
2. Children at Swinton Bivouac must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
3. Some areas of Swinton Bivouac will carry signs detailing rules specific to their location; for example the woods, the accommodation and play areas. Guests must observe all site notices regarding the use of the Meadow Yurts, Tree Lodges, the public areas within Swinton Bivouac and also all rules regarding the enjoyment of the Druids Temple and the woodland surrounding it.
1. We have a 7 day lost and found policy which means we can only keep an item found for that amount of time.
2. It is the guests’ responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departure from the Swinton Bivouac.
3. Any items found after guests have departed can to be sent to the guest at their expense. Any items sent by post or courier must be paid for in advance and it is the responsibility of the guest to select a suitable carrier and appropriate insurance.
1. On arrival, you will be required to leave a Pre-Authorised amount on your Credit or Debit Card of £150 for Tree Lodges, £100 for Meadow Yurts and £50 for Bunk Barn.
2. The Pre-Authorised amount will be released back to the customer no later than 10 days after your stay.
3. Please bring a Credit or Debit Card with you, as you will be asked for this on arrival at the reception when checking in. Failure to do so will lead to your booking being cancelled if an alternative method of reserving is not available.
4. Pre-Authorisation: A Pre-Authorisation does not take the funds out of your account, but will place a hold on the given amount. No funds will be taken from a guest without prior warning from and agreement with Swinton Bivouac.
5. Single sex groups: Single sex groups will be charged double the Pre-Authorisation amount upon arrival. This is charged in case of anti-social behaviour during your stay which might disturb other guests.
1. Swinton Bivouac will not be responsible for the failure to provide facilities contracted in the event of it being prevented from doing so as a result of “Force Majeure” or any other cause beyond its control. This includes industrial disputes, orders or regulations issued by Central Government, Riots, Floods or Fire Epidemics. Swinton Bivouac will not be responsible for any loss or damage or costs as a result.