On the 25th May 2018, the UK will see one of the biggest changes to UK data privacy laws as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is introduced across Europe.
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) will provide legislation for customer data that is now generated from social media and online activity.
Whether that’s sharing on FaceBook, staying the night or enjoying a treatment, the new laws will provide individuals with more transparency and stronger rights regarding personal data.
Personal information is private. As Data Controller, Swinton Park Limited are committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to our website.
By registering or using our services, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you
· When you visit, register or obtain services with Swinton Park Limited you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information.
· We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
· To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
Use of your Information
· Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
· In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
Disclosure of your Information
· The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you.
· Those parties process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf.
· We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
· Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
· Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
· Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Subscribing to Swinton Park Limited
· If you subscribe to Swinton Park Limited, then we will simply retain your email address, which will be added to the Swinton Park Limited mailing list giving details of new products, competitions, promotions and offers.
Security and Data Retention:
· We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Cookies are extremely useful as they can quicken up the web journey for you and can also allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Listed below, is an outline of the cookies used on our website. If you would like any further information, we recommend the following source: https://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx
Necessary cookies to allow your customer journey
Some cookies are essential to your web journey to enable to you to access secure parts of the website, this would include making an online booking, taking an e-payment or an online enquiry. Without cookies, you would be unable to do these purchases online.
Analytical tracking cookies to allow us to improve your experience
Our tracking cookies collect information anonymously about how you browse and use our website, what pages you visit, how you entered the site and where you left it. This data is anonymous and not specific to you yet helps us to make improvements to your web experience by identifying pages where more visitors may be exiting the website or where visitors may be struggling to find necessary information.
Marketing cookies to measure performance
Our marketing cookies allow us to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns, for example our email marketing. They collect data anonymously of general visit patterns and trends to understand the likes and dislikes of our consumers. They are also used to target you with relevant information specific to your browser activity and which pages you visit on the website.
Managing your cookies
You will be able to use the Help menu bar on most browsers to get information on how to block or prevent cookies. This will give you information on how to disable cookies altogether, however it should be noted that this will stop you being able to do simple e-commerce functions on the Swinton Park Limited website and we strongly recommend that you leave your cookies enabled, so that we can continue to help evolve websites and your user experience.
· Please be aware that we do not accept dogs in the hotel public areas, with the exception of Sight Assistance Dogs, for the partial sighted or blind.
You have a number of rights relating to your information e.g. to see what we hold, to ask us to share it with another party, ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details, to object to or restrict processing of it, to make a complaint please send a request to the contact below.
· All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
All information is retained on our secure servers.
More information on GDPR
To find out more about GDPR, follow the links below to read the guidelines and information published by the Information Commissioner’s Officer:
· ico.org.uk – GDPR guide to individual rights
· ico.org.uk – guide to GDPR
Thank you for visiting the Swinton Estate website. Whilst we remain closed, we are keeping busy helping our local community with meals and treats to the key workers in local schools and shops, GP practices, pharmacies and emergency services. We hope that you remain safe and in good spirits.
As soon as we are able to, we look forward to re-opening our doors, gardens, woodlands and parkland again for you to enjoy. If you’re yearning for better days and you’d like to have something to look forward to when life gets back to normal, we are still here and busy taking bookings. With no risk to your deposit, perhaps it’s the perfect excuse to plan for the good times ahead.
We’re updating our website constantly, so please do keep dropping in or sign up to receive our regular emails and newsletters to become part of the Swinton family. Simply follow the ‘Sign Up’ link on the bottom of all pages.