Swinton is a privately owned country Estate with focus on looking after land and property whilst operating a leisure business. Between now and 2040 we will be delivering an ambitious strategy which we hope will see the Estate recognised for its stewardship, resilience, and service, whilst we progress and understand the importance of the natural capital we have.
As we move forward, we will share openly how we are progressing on our journey to improve our sustainable and environmental position; with the overall aim to make Swinton a better place for our wider family of staff, tenants, residents, and visitors.
We acknowledge that our operations influence the environment and have identified our key environmental aspects that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water, and other fuels
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
We aim to improve what we do, with specific focus on the environment, society, natural capital and wellbeing where we have control or influence. To enhance the Estate and our family around us, we must deliver on financial targets to ensure that reinvestment and generational improvements continue. Also, by consistently delivering service for visitors, colleagues, and customers we can gain personal satisfaction and improvement for ourselves and for them. Our business is strengthened by protecting the safety, health and environment of our employees, our customers, and the people of the communities in which we do business.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Compliance with all applicable standards, laws, requirements, regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy
- Commitment to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2030
- Minimising unsustainable transport through the development of a travel plan
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working with external auditors considering any changes in legislation, in our organisation, and any other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees, ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
The Sustainability Team are our champions and have collective responsibility for the dayto-day implementation of this policy.
Swinton Estate will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public. It will also be available on our website (www.swintonestate.com)