Learn to bake like the crème de la crème of the Patisserie world. We will cover some of the key techniques required in the world of baking, desserts and pastry. From a basic sponge to choux paste (profiteroles) all the way to a Gateaux opera (if we can hack it!).
The classes take place in our stunning country kitchen with breathtaking views of Swinton Estate Grounds and Yorkshire Dales.
We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Dishes (may include):
- Bakewell tarts
- Baked chocolate tart
- Éclair and profiteroles
- Orange short bread
Techniques Covered on Course:
- Lining a sweet pastry tart case
- Blind baking sweet pastry
- Baking in a lined pastry case
- Making and piping choux pastry for eclairs and profiteroles
- Layering patisserie items
- Important techniques required for making the perfect soufflé
Full Day Course – £185