Understand the ingredients and flavour combinations that create the exciting, flavourful dishes that make this the ‘hot’ cuisine of the moment. From fragrantly spiced stews, to fresh couscous and artisan flat breads, you’ll leave the Swinton Cookery School refreshed & inspired!
The classes take place in our stunning country kitchen with breathtaking views of Swinton Estate Grounds and Yorkshire Dales.
We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Full Day Recipes (may include):
- Iman Bayeldi with Griddled Halloumi
- Flat Bread
- Pheasant Pastilla
- Morroccan Chicken
- Roast Aubergine with Saffron Yoghurt
- Slow-baked Sweet Onions with Zaatar Butter and Parsnip Purée
- Orange Cake
Techniques Covered on Course:
- Artisan flatbread techniques, including kneading, proofing, shaping and cooking
- Poultry preparation, jointing a chicken and the uses of the different cuts
- Cookery methods for different poultry cuts
- Vegetable preparation and key knife skills
- Cooking techniques for different vegetables and the effects on them
Full day course – £180