Make the most of Yorkshire’s seasons by using what is grown locally during various times of year. We will inject some seasonal inspiration into your home cooking equipping you with the recipes and techniques to make the most of the time of year.
The classes take place in our stunning country kitchen with breathtaking views of Swinton Estate Grounds and Yorkshire Dales.
We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Techniques that may be covered on course:
- Knife skills via usage of a range of vegetables given the season
- Preparation of meat and poultry
- Preparation of round and flat fish and shellfish
- Artisan bread making
- Sweet pastry production and lining
- Setting sweet mousses
- Different cookery methods for various types of meat and poultry
- Pasta making, rolling and shaping
- All techniques vary on course to course basis as the dishes will vary depending on what is available during that season.
Half day course – £100 / £110