Simple living, fabulous location
Nestled in the wild flower meadow at Swinton Bivouac is our small group of seven Meadow Yurts. Each of the Mongolian inspired dwellings is handmade in the UK and is complete with wood-fired log burning stove, its own loo, outdoor seating with stunning views across the valley. The Meadow Yurt field is a short walk from the Bivouac Café, shower facilities, barbeque areas, fully stocked communal ‘camp’ kitchen, Resident’s Lounge (perfect when you need to throw yourself into a deep sofa with a cup of tea, while you browse all the local information!), and communal, wood-fired hot tub.
Meadow Yurts sleep up to four people (one double and two singles). Each yurt has sumptuous bed linens and Swinton Estate robes and towels and private loo, with shower facilities just a short stroll away. The fully stocked, communal camping kitchen is situated in the Yurt field and we’ll also keep you stocked up with seasoned logs.
Our Meadow Yurts are electricity-free, so do remember your torch!
- One double bed and two single beds
- Bedding, towels and robes provided
- Kitchenette area with sink
- Adjoining en-suite WC
- Use of camping kitchen with power, gas hobs, communal seating and BBQ facilities
- Wood-burning stove to keep your yurt warm (wood provided)
- Communal hot tub (also available for private hire)
- Shower block with four single showers and two family showers (toiletries also available to purchase)
- Dogs allowed in selected yurts (upon request, additional charge)
- Access to the Swinton Bivouac Residents’ Lounge – an indoor space to relax, with complimentary tea, coffee and electric charging points
Yes, dogs are welcome on the Swinton Estate. Your companion can join your overnight stay at Swinton Park Hotel, Swinton Bivouac and in the Swinton Cottages. A charge is required for each dog.
For more details and prices, please visit our Dog Friendly Accommodation page.
Enhance your stay
Upgrade your stay with any of our red carpet level experiences.